Trying to pick up the pieces after the loss of our beautiful baby boy, Nayab....

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

New friend...

So, today I ventured into Wal-Mart for the second time since our loss.  I can't say I was happy about it, but I needed to pick up my prescription.  As I was standing in line at the pharmacy, I saw a woman in hijab walk past and turn down an aisle.  I was thinking I should go after her and give her salams, but I was afraid.  Finally I thought maybe this is the reason you decided to come to Wal-Mart now instead of later, maybe it's your destiny to talk to her so just go for it, besides, the worst that could happen is she can think you're strange and you will never see her again.  So, I walked quickly and came to the last aisle and cut her off and gave her salam and introduced myself.  We exchanged numbers and I am hoping I have a new friend!  "Why is this blog worthy?"  you may be asking.  Weeeelllll, I am staying with my parents in a small city which I previously thought had an almost non existant muslim community, so when I saw a sister at the store I was uber excited!  I am desperately needing to reconnect with my faith right now, so I am looking forward to meeting with new sisters in my area! 

No comments: